Thursday, March 6, 2008

No Worries, I Am Safe

I'm sure many of you have read the news or heard about some escalating situations in Jerusalem. For those of you that haven't heard, there was a shooting attack by the Hamas terrorist organization at a Jewish college in Jerusalem. It's about a 40 min walk from where I am, so it's a bit of a distance. I want you all to know that I am safe though. I feel safe, too. The school is doing everything they can to make sure I'm in safe areas and am under no threat of harm or danger. So I ask that you please not worry about me. Rather, I ask that you spend some time in prayer for those who have been affected by this attack. There were many injured and several killed, and many in Jerusalem are mourning this horrible event. Please pray for those who are injured that they might be healed, for those in political power that they might have discernment on what to do next, and for the hardened hearts of the Hamas terrorists and those who are parading over the death of those tragically killed. Also pray that I may be able to be a strong witness of grace and Truth to those around me in this city and that I may have words to speak lovingly to whoever I meet at this time. Thank you so much for your prayers and concern. Once again, I want to reiterate that I am safe. The safest place to be is within God's will, right? I love you all and will keep you posted if anything else occurs.

SHALOM

1 comment:

Scott said...

Glad you are safe. I just met your mom yesterday (on the phone, work-related), and she was bragging on you and told me about your blog.
Within hours, I heard about the attack and quickly hunted down more information.
It's weird, I don't know you, but I prayed you were safe. Does that mean I was praying that it was someone else's son who was NOT safe?
Nonetheless, so pleased you are well, and am hoping (for the sake of all your friends and family) that you will blog regularly so they can continue to have assurance that you're doing great!
Shalom!